Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or GATE 2019 is a post-graduation entrance exam. This examination is conducted online by IIT Madras. Qualifying this examination offers you to study Engineering courses at IIT, NIT, and other similar Institutions in India. Also, PSU recruitment is offered on the qualification of the examination. The official notification is released which says that the registration begins from the 1st of September 2018 and ends by the 21st of September 2018.
The registration will be conducted online through GOAPS, i.e., GATE Online Application Processing System. Candidates would be able to give the examination only after the completion of the registration process successfully. The Results will be declared online on the official website and the candidates are going to get selected if they qualify the Cutoff marks. Go through the article carefully to more about the process of this examination and then apply for it.
GATE Exam Important Dates and Events
S.No. Main Events Dates
- Registration Begins on 1st September 2018
- Registration Ends on 21st September 2018
- Extended Registration 1st October 2018
- Mock Test 3rd week of November 2018
- Admit Card Releases on 4th January 2019
- Date of the Examination 2nd, 3rd, 9th, and 10th February 2019
- Response Sheets Releases on 2nd week of February 2019
- Answer Key Releases on 3rd week of February 2019
- Result Declaration 16th March 2019
- Scorecard Releases on Between 20th March and 31st May 2019
GATE Application Form 2019
- You can apply for this examination only if you satisfy the Eligibility Criteria that have been laid down by the exam conducting body.
- You must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology. Or a Master’s Degree in any Science Subject with passing marks. There is no age limit for this examination.
- The online registration for GATE is conducted through GOAPS. The candidates have to enter all the details that the Application Form requires. Upload the required images after scanning them and make the payment for the Application using the online mode.
- The last date to register for the examination is 21st September 2018. If you miss the last date then you will have to pay an extra fee as fine and then submit the Application Form.
GATE Mock Test 2019
- The Mock Test is going to be conducted by the 3rd week of November 2018.
- The marks obtained in the mock test is not going to be added anywhere. It is conducted for the purpose of making the students understand the exam pattern.
GATE Admit Card 2019
- The Admit Card will release on 4th January 2019 on the official website.
- The Admit Card will carry all the necessary information such as Exam Centre, Time, Application Number, etc., which is required on the day of the examination.
- It is a must to carry the Admit Card on the day of the examination. If anyone forgets to carry their respective Admit Card then he/she won’t be allowed to give the examination. That particular student would be marked absent for the examination.
- Keep the Admit Card safely after the examination for any future purpose.
GATE Exam Pattern 2019
- The exam is going to be conducted on 2nd, 3rd, 9th, and 10th February 2019 using the online mode. The duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- The question paper will carry MCQ and NAT type questions. There would be 65 questions and 100 marks in total.
- ⅓ Mark would be deducted for a wrong answer in 1 mark questions and ½ mark would be deducted for a wrong answer in 2 marks questions.
- There are going to be 24 papers in total
GATE Answer Key 2019
- The Answer Key of the examination will release after the examination, i.e., on the 3rd week of February 2019.
- Candidates can know their marks in the exam before the official Result releases.
GATE Result 2019
- The Result will release on 6th March 2019 online on the official website.
- The candidates would be able to know the marks and rank that they have obtained in the examination.
- The Cutoff of will release after the Result is declared. The candidates are going to get through the Admission Process only if they have obtained marks equal to or more than the Cutoff score.
GATE Score Card 2019
- The Score Card will release between 20th March and 31st May 2019.
- The Score Card would be obtained by only those candidates who will qualify the Cutoff Marks.
- The validity of the Scorecard is 3 years.
You can write to us to know anything regarding this topic. We’ll be glad to help you.